Through case studies, examinations of critical issues, dialogue with expert practitioners, and hands-on practice with planning and evaluation tools, we will discover what makes arts education partnerships effective over time. The Institute brings together multiple partnership stakeholders - executive, program and education directors; teaching artists; public school administrators; classroom teachers; and others - who want to advance their practice of partnership and collaboration.
As a participant, you will:
- Identify the benefits and challenges collaboration
- Discover the characteristics of effective, sustainable partnerships
- Learn the management skills necessary for establishing and sustaining effective partnerships
- Learn methods for overcoming common partnership challenges
- Practice applying tools for planning, implementing, and evaluating partnerships and work with experts and peers to address your particular partnership challenges
- Increase your skills and confidence in developing new or existing partnerships
- Develop a partnership action plan for your organization.
True partnerships, characterized by mutual understanding and commitment, collaborative planning, and shared responsibility and accountability, have powerful, long-term effects on students, faculty, institutions, and communities. The Arts in Education Partnership Institute provides the tools and training needed to launch or further develop successful partnerships with K-12 schools.
Join us and gain the tools, resources, and know-how needed to increase access to arts education through robust, effective partnerships with public schools!